Department: External Relations + Advancement
Job Title: Fundraising Events Manager
Director of Advancement
The Fundraising Events Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of events for the purpose of raising funds for EMP, and to identify and cultivate individual and institutional prospects, capable of making gifts to EMP. Duties include recruitment of staff and volunteers, soliciting sponsors and donors, budgeting, vendor relations, and donor management. The Manager is expected to share in the strategic long-term vision of EMP and contribute to the growth of EMP from both a tactical perspective in the day-to-day operations of EMP’s advancement event production and from a strategic, long-term planning perspective, helping to bring innovation and efficiency to this aspect of fundraising for EMP.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Event fundraising management. Develop and implement unique fundraising strategies related to special events. Maintain responsibility for event success from conception through to execution.
- Budgeting and project management. Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines for special events. Track, collect, and acknowledge funds raised for special events. Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales and income goals and adjust plans as appropriate. Work with Deputy Director, Advancement, to create income and attendance projections for events. Conduct post-event follow up and action steps.
- Solicitation. Secure cash and in-kind sponsorships from individuals and corporations to achieve event goals.
- Stewardship and cultivation. Assist the Deputy Director, Advancement, and Senior Manager, Membership and Annual Fund, in planning and executing fulfillment and cultivation events in support of EMP development programs.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge events module.
- Represent EMP to current and potential donors in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts Administration, or Non-Profit Management preferred.
- Minimum of three years of event coordination and fundraising work experience.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar system.
- Must possess solid editing skills, excellent customer service skills, and have a fierce attention to detail.
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered, and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and arms to operate keyboard, mouse and phone. The employee needs to regularly use senses of sight and hearing. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Apply For This Position