Foster your students' learning and your own in our variety of workshops and events.
EMP offers a variety of valuable events that support the efforts of local educators, including biannual Teacher Professional Development Days, Homeschool Days, and music and literary student competitions such as Write Out of This World.
Professional Development Day
Skills for 21st Century Educators 2016: Taking Inspired Teaching to the Next Level
This fall, our Professional Development Day will feature four hands-on, arts-rich, skill-based workshops designed especially for educators that address a broad spectrum of student (and teacher) learning styles and dive deep into media arts and technology. Elementary and MS/HS learning targets addressed in each workshop.
Choose one of the following full-day class sessions:
- Paper Engineering: Visual Art/Sculpture Wearable Art Fused with Math and Engineering (teaching artists: Nicole Appell and Alisha Dall'Osto)
- World Rhythm Games and Breakthrough CBPA Strategies for Music Teachers (teaching artist: Paul Meehan)
- Media Storytelling and Video Making for iPad (teaching artist: Scott Macklin)
- Oral Presentations Skills through Voice-Over for All Subject Areas (teaching artist: Ali el-Gasseir)
- October 29, 2016; EMP Museum
- $50 per person (includes even clock hours)
Cultural equipment support for EMP’s education programs provided by: