Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival
Our annual juried festival showcasing genre-driven cinematic art from around the globe.
A not-to-be missed annual juried festival showcasing animated and live-action science fiction, fantasy, and horror-tinged short films from around the globe.
EMP Museum in partnership with SIFF will present the 12th annual Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival in early 2017.
The festival brings together industry professionals in filmmaking and the genres of science fiction and fantasy to encourage and support new, creative additions to science fiction and fantasy cinema arts. The festival will showcase animated and live-action science fiction and fantasy films.
Filmmakers from around the world are encouraged to submit to this acclaimed festival. Admitted films are judged by a nationally recognized jury comprised of luminaries in the fields of science fiction and fantasy.
Call for Entries
- July 1, 2016: Call for Entries opens
- July 31, 2016: Early submission ($20)
- Aug 31, 2016: Regular submission ($30)
- Sept 30, 2016: Late submission ($40)
- Oct 10, 2016: Extension of late submission ($50)
- Oct 31, 2016: Notification of acceptance
- Nov 30, 2016: Film prints due
Visit SFFSFF.submittable.com to submit a film.